Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Liebster award: 11 random facts

I've got that sinking it's Tuesday and I don't have a post drafted feeling... there may be a post coming about the dreaded "saggy middle" of a story as I have recently been suffering that, but I haven't written it yet.

Meanwhile, Crystal Collier gave me an award! Thank you!


I've gotten this once before, but the icon has greatly improved since then. Here are eleven random facts about me: 
  1. I've been living near DC for 15 years now, and I still hate the summers.
  2. Perhaps as a result of that, a large chunk of Disciple happens during wintertime! I didn't do it on purpose. Really. 
  3. Lately, I've been finding new music through Noisetrade -- they feature a wide variety of styles,  and you can download albums for free with the option of leaving a tip for the artists.
  4. I feel really bad that I can't afford to leave tips, but money's been tight for a long time. 
  5. Partly because of that, when one of the musicians whose sample album I downloaded announced a Kickstarter, I pledged. (He's almost to his goal and there's only three days left!)
  6. Having run two Kickstarters myself, I have this bit of advice: always have a Plan B.
  7. I drink iced coffee -- with half-and-half, no sugar -- every day, but I don't need to.
  8. I'm an early bird, and one of these people who can just roll out of bed and be wide awake.
  9. Because of that, I tend to turn into a pumpkin at midnight. 
  10. I'm ashamed to say it, but I don't read enough. My own stories are always horning in and distracting me from what I'm reading, so I have trouble fully engaging. Since I'm not fully engaged, I have no trouble putting books down and forgetting about them. 
  11. That's why I rarely post reviews here. 

If you've gotten this far in reading, consider yourself tagged. Fact #12: I'm not so good at "rules."

We're almost halfway through 2013 already: what exciting developments are you looking forward to in the second half?

1 comment:

Liz A. said...

I'll have to check out Noisetrade, although I'm not really a music listener.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...