Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Vote for a logo!

I announced a few weeks ago that I would self-publish the first part of my fantasy monstrosity before the end of the year. I will be running a Kickstarter.com project to fund the professional editing, cover art, a small press run of paperbacks, etc.

Now that I've finished Part IV, it's full steam ahead. First order of business: a logo. What do you think?


Number one



Number two





Number three


Thanks for voting!

Results: This page got 20 hits (according to Blogger) out of which 9 people voted. #2 was far and away the winner -- though I'm glad that #1 and #3 did get some support. I do like all three of the logos, for different reasons, and that was why I wanted unbiased opinions.

On to the Kickstarter video!

4 comments:

Ellis Bergstresser said...

The first isn't as clear as the other two and the second - in my mind - reads "Irish," which is too closely tied to a culture of this world instead of being unique to your world.

blankenship.louise said...

I hope you meant #3 because #2 is winning by a landslide...

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I love the writing in the first one actually. The font looks great.

Huntress said...

#3 but only marginally.

Pick a font that is easy to read. The eye skims and might miss the first two.

I like plain text like the bottom one. But try making the first letter of 'For' a couple times larger. Or a different font.

At least that is my take.

And WTF! Self Pub!! Dang it, at least try the traditional way. Epic Fantasy is BIG, BIG, BIG right now.

*sulking*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...