Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Music blogfest!

Did somebody say music blogfest! Woohoo! This one is hosted by East for Green Eyes and I know I'll be listening to lots of playlists today!

I joined www.playlist.com for their ability to create embeddable playlists... their available tracks leaves something to be desired IMHO, but at least I can get the gist across here.

I'm an enthusiastic builder of playlists for my writing, so I was ready for this blogfest. My WIP, Orbital Shifts, currently has a playlist of 22 songs and here are some of them.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

It's a combination of what's available on playlist.com and what's a good sample of the tracks. There are a couple I wish I could have put in here, but they're not available. Namely:
  • "Little Black Heart" by a-ha. My iTunes has a way of throwing up random songs that really hit me while I'm writing. This one happened last night, in the middle of a dark scene. It's been in my head all day. 
  • "Never Wanted This" by Armin van Buuren. 
  • "Pax Deorum" by Enya. Apparently she's not hip enough for playlist.com or something.

Those are all sad songs -- the sample playlist runs on the angry side and the playlist actually has a good dose of sad.

Now off to tour other playlists... I love finding new musicians that I like...

4 comments:

Alexis said...

I've never heard A Perfect Circle before, I really like them! and I really dug Moonlight Shadow, I had kinda forgotten about that song, good list!

Amy said...

Great song selection! A perfect Circle and Linkin Park are the best! :)

Trisha said...

I've seen a few Linkin Park songs mentioned so far...I wonder if any of them are the awesome song I heard while driving from Canada to the US at the start of this year - it's a song I heard, loved and haven't been able to find since!

RosieC said...

Nice selection. There does seem to be a collection of Linkin Park today. I also love that you have Enya on your list.

I also skipped the Playlist option because they never seem to have the songs I want. Admittedly, I didn't try this time, but I've had trouble in the past.

Thanks for playing along!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...