Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The short story that I mentioned a few posts back was something that got nudged off the back burner by a writing prompt at Absolute Write (AW). A science fiction/horror crossover. Not my usual thing, to deliberately try to be scary.

I let it sit for one week and now I'm revising it in preparation for posting.

I want feedback, but there's always a few butterflies on the loose, you know? Always wanting to get a little ego-stroke, always afraid that my writing is just self-serving psychobabble.

There's something about me and my blunt-force emotions. No finesse. A feeling as complicated as this just gets shunted into plain old despair. Stupid depression. I will fight you on principle alone. You limit me. You have no right.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...